Sunday, November 23, 2008

Releasings and Sustaining

In the past two weeks Roger and I have been released from some of our church callings. I was released as a Relief Society teacher after 2+ years in that calling, and Roger was released as Ward Choirister after 2+ years also. Now we'll be able to sit together as a whole family again.

Roger's new calling is the Gospel Essentials teacher and now I'm down to organist/pianist in Sacrament meeting and Relief Society along with primary music coordinator! ~Whew~

4 comments:

Gary and Ellie said...

Congrats on your releases and callings. Remember, Toni, the word of the decade is: "NO!"

Jenny said...

Unless you take on an apprentice, or an accomplished organist MOVES in, I am thinking this may be your perpetual 3rd ward Calling! :) -- lucky for them, you are good at it!

Elizabeth said...

Oooo an apprentice. I don't know that I've ever heard you consider that option. And besides, that just sounds cool Ü

Cindy said...

Well congrats to you guys! It must be the season for releasing and callings! Merrill got released as the Executive Sec. and put in as the 1st counselor in YM and I got released as the secretary in the Stake Relief Society and put in as the 2nd sunday RS teacher and Asst. compassionate service leader! How fun is that!