Friday, November 14, 2008

Peter Pan at Murray High School

We took Devin to see the high school production of Peter Pan at Murray High tonight. WOW!!! Those kids did an outstanding job! One of my former students (Nikki Meher) played a warrior from Tiger Lily's tribe. Of all the students I've ever had, I would have never suspected Nikki would end up on stage. It just goes to show, you never can tell. Two of my favorite former boy students were also playing in the orchestra, one on trumpet (Nate Hurley) and the other on keyboard (Allen Lyon). The production had incredible sets, outstanding costumes and make-up, and some amazing flying stunts along with an excellent symphony orchestra! I'm sure I enjoyed the play more than Devin because I was an old 5th grade teacher beaming with pride for my former students who are all grown up now.

No comments: