Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do You Need a Good Laugh Today?

My 5th graders just finished up their Early Explorers Unit and presented their projects to the class this week. I wanted to share a little thing that made me laugh.

One of "Suzie's" choices was to write a letter as though she were the explorer, Vasco Nunez de Balboa. The letter was meant to encourage men to join his exploration. It's the end that cracks me up the most! ~Enjoy!

Translation: (just as she wrote and spelled things)

Dear Crew Members,

I am inviteing you to join me to find the great Sea. I am leaving in one week. This is a good chance to become famos. Be ready there will be strong winds Sickness going around and all kinds of other things. Bring some supplies cause we will need it. If you want to be on my crew you will have to be older than twenty years old. You will have to bring five dollor if you want to be on the crew. I now that is a lot of money but it is worth it. You have to sigh up befor this Wendsday. Come to the stake center to sigh up.

Sincerly,

Vasco Nunez de Balboa

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ROTFL!!!!! OH that is HILLARIOUS.

Jenny said...

THAT is too cute! -- I think I would trust going on a voyage MUCH more if I were to sign up at the stake center -- plus the 'bring your own Supplies' - is that like 'bring your own beef'? - hee hee - sooo funny!

Gary and Ellie said...

Yesterday during recess, I heard "Suzie" read her letter to another student in my class. I missed most of the first part because I was busy doing other things. I did hear the end about the stake center, and I thought it sounded funny. Now that I read the whole thing, it is very funny. She is a cute girl.

Amanda said...

OH GIRL!!! That is soooo great!!!

Beth Borup said...

So funny. Paul and I got a laugh out of the "stake center" part. :)

Lynsie said...

Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! I love it! Aren't kids so funny? S