Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Son is Growing Up!

I don't know what makes a kid finally realize, "I've had enough of this mess, I'm going to clean my room without being told/forced to, and suprise the heck out of mom and dad!" Today it happened to our awesome 9 year old, and here's the proof. It was time for sheets to be washed, so I asked him to take them off his bed and put them in the laundry. When the sheets came out of the drier, I gave the bedding back to him and told him to make his bed. That's the best part about these pics. He made his bed from sratch, from the mattress cover, up to the fitted sheet, then the flat sheet, the quilt and finally the pillow cases at last! Then he just continued on with the rest of his room including vacuuming! What a happy little suprise for mom and dad. Way to go, Dev!
(He took the pics himself ; D)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

WAY TO GO!!!!

Amanda said...

LOL - that's great! I know the other day when he invited me into his room and asked me to have a seat on his bed, he did apologize for the mess. Maybe he's realizing that girls like cleanliness :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh man. That's great. My first thought when I saw the pics was the night with Amanda too. Way to go Dev!!!!!!!