Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Kitty

I can't believe I am posting this, but yes, we broke down and got a new kitten this week. We told Devin if he could earn straight A's this year he could get a pet. I know it's not quite the end of the school year yet, but I've been keeping an eye on his grades at school and visiting with his teacher and he's pretty confident that Devin's 4th term grades will be straight A's again when school ends 2 weeks from now.
The kids were shopping at Smith's on Thursday and a college kid was in front of the store trying to sell ($15) the kitten before he moved on. He was taking care of it for a friend, blah, blah, blah...I don't really know the rest of the story, but here he is. He is very calm and good natured. He's already litter box trained and he's good around the young kids. He doesn't seem to be scared of them or bothered by them at all. Now if we could just decide on his name. We're still going back and forth between Tigger, Simba and Peanut. Which name do you like best?

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Peanut... but Tigger and Simba are good too! He looks a bit like Tigger, but Peanut is more original. I vote for Peanut; if it's not too late!