Monday, December 22, 2008

Cousin Shelby's Choir Christmas Concert

As most of you know, I know a little bit about music and teaching. Because of that, I can be a harsh critic when it comes to being an audience member at any given concert. I was very impressed with my niece, Shelby's concert at Sunset Ridge Middle School in West Jordan last week. Her choir director had 6 or more, large groups, including 2 bell choirs perform in under an hour. The individual groups knew when it was their turn to line up out in the hall to be ready to SILENTLY come on stage without delay between groups. The director accompanied and directed every single song on the program except the solo she sang, which was fabulous. I enjoyed an excellent evening of singing by well behaved, well directed and well organized middle school students. My hat's off to Shelby's AWESOME teacher!!! That's the way it should always be. :>)
Click to play Shelby's X-Mas Concert
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for putting that smilebox together! Shelby is definitely a sweetheart! Her choir teacher is amazing, we went to her school that day to watch them "dress rehearse" their program because we wouldn't be there and I love watching her! Thank you for supporting her in that!

shelbers said...

toni....
i so want some of those pictures!!!
they are adorable!!
thank you so much for taking pictures!!! besides...pictures last longer =)

Carolyn said...

I am so enjoying this BLOG!