Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Big Mess -Before and After

So, umm, ya... This is (was) a little peek into my kitchen pantry. (I can't believe I'm actually owning up to this mess!!!) These pics were taken about 20 minutes into the dejunking process, so some items had already been taken out and moved to the counter or the garbage can. Better late than never with the camera. right?!
On Monday, after a big shopping trip to Costco, Roger and I had finally had enough of our messy, cluttered and disorganized pantry! Before we even brought the groceries in from the car, he went to the pantry, pulled EVERYTHING out, made piles of items we never use and threw away MANY outdated items. That left us with less than half of what was in there to put back which in turn, gave us plenty of room to store the groceries from the Costco trip. WHAT A MENTAL RELIEF!

Don't some things hang around buggin' you forever until you finally take care of them? After the mess has finally been dealt with, it feels like 10 years of stress and frustration just disappear into thin air! Thank heavens my husband and I got a wild hair at the same time Monday night!!! Now we are the proud owners of a dejunked, cleaned out and organized pantry! Can I get a Woo hoo ?!?!?!?

"My second favorite household chore is [cleaning the pantry]. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." ~Erma Bombeck


"Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it." ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Gary and Ellie said...

woo=hoo

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I am SOOO bad about old things in the pantry! My son was looking for things to do to earn money for school clothes, so I let him reorganize it. The most things thrown away was expired sweetened condensed milk!